Show DesignerThe "Show Designer" is the main window of FWsim. It allows you to create your own fireworks shows.
- Camera Moves
AddingYou can add cues to your show by clicking any of the buttons in the toolbox:
Select a cue by clicking it in the timeline. Then, you can edit its properties, move it in time (left / right), or move it to different tracks (up / down).
Editing multiple cues at once (FWsim Pro only)
In FWsim Pro, you can select multiple cues using two methods:
- Click the first cue, hold the SHIFT key and click more cues to select all of them.
- Left-click into the timeline, hold the mouse button and drag a rectangle to select all cues within that area. Note that if your cursor is a cross, it means you are still in insertion mode. Please right-click on the timeline and left-click again to go back to selection mode.
Most operations (copy, paste, moving, changing the firework) can be performed on multiple cues at once.
Types of Cues
Single FireworkThis fires a single firework at a certain point in time. It has the following properties:
- The type, color and size of the firework. Change this by selecting the cue and pressing F2, or use the button in the sidebar.
- The position in 3D Space. To change this, drag the mortar in the 3D View (with the left mouse button pressed).
- The firing angle. To change the angle, drag the mortar in the 3D view with the right mouse button. Alternatively, use the slider in the sidebar.
- The front (learn more about Fronts)
StepperA stepper fires the same firework several times. The individual shots are fired one after the other, and at evenly spaced positions.
Steppers have the following properties:
- The type, color and size of the firework. (see above)
- The position and angle. Start- and end position of the stepper can be moved individually. Select an arrow in the 3D View, see "Single Firework" for instructions on how to move it.
- Count: Number of shots
- Duration: How long it takes to fire all shots. You can also change this directly inside the timeline: Position the mouse cursor over the right end of the stepper, hold the left mouse button and drag.
- Timing: By changing this, the stepper can slow down or speed up.
- Type: Normally, the shots fire one after the other. Here, you can select different arrangements.
In previous versions of FWsim, you could create "battery" cues. These cues fired several shots at random times. This "battery" has been removed in newer versions. Instead, if you want random firing, please do as follows: Use the Stepper, and set the timing to "Random Times" using the properties page on the right.
MusicInserts music to be played at a certain time.
- Reverse Battery / Stepper: Reverses the direction of a stepper (right--> left or left--> right).
- Mirror Battery / Stepper: Mirrors a stepper or battery in 3D Space.
- Invert Rotation: Makes the firework face the other side
- Align Stepper to Music: See "Music Synchronization"